Summertime grilling is my absolute favorite. The evening weather is nice and there is just something about cooking outside while the sun is still shining. Turkey burgers are a great option for the summer grilling season! Ground turkey is less expensive than chicken, still high in protein, and delicious paired with a summer salad.
My issue with turkey burgers at restaurants is that they are usually a lot more dry then ground beef burgers and not as flavorful. With my turkey burger recipe, I remedied those issues by adding egg whites and spices.
1 pound ground turkey
2 Tbsps parmesan cheese (I use Kraft Reduced Fat Parmesan)
1 egg or 3 Tbsps egg whites
2 tsp basil
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp Mrs. Dash Original Seasonal Blend
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
1. Turn the grill on.
2. Combine the ground turkey and egg/egg whites. Stir with a spoon or use your hands but make sure that they are sufficiently combined.
3. Sprinkle in the herbs and spices while stirring to make sure they are spread throughout the meat.
4. Use your hands to mold the meat into four turkey burgers. Make sure to press them down thin enough because they will get thicker as they are being grilled.
5. Spray the grill with non-stick spray.
6. Place burgers on the grill and cook for 7 minutes on each side (depending on your grill temperature).
Let me know what you think of this original recipe!