Pizza is something that I always miss as I develop a fit and healthy lifestyle. And honestly, I am pretty sure most people would agree with that. So, I have been trying to find a quick and easy healthy pizza recipe. I’m pretty sure I did it! This pizza recipe isn’t going to give you the thick doughy crust or the mounds of cheese like you would get at Papa John’s (yummmm!) BUT it does keep you on track for a fit and healthy lifestyle.
One of the benefits of homemade pizza is that you control the amount of toppings, cheese, and sauce. I also like that you can be really creative with toppings- last time I made this recipe I put kale on it and it was delicious. This is an individual serving size recipe which is nice for a quick dinner and allows for individual tastes in regards to the toppings. Well, enough of me trying to talk you into eating pizza (which isn’t necessary). Let’s get started with this delicious recipe!
Healthy “Pizza” Flat Bread Recipe
1 FlatOut soft flat bread 100% whole wheat (sold in bulk at Costco)
1/3 cup Trader Joe’s organic marinara sauce
About 1/3 cup of any topping your heart desires! Some of my favorites are: mushrooms, sausage, bell peppers, spinach, kale, pulled pork, turkey pepperoni
1/4 heaping cup of low moisture part skim mozzarella cheese (more if you like and aren’t too worried about fat/calories)
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Spray cookie sheet with Pam
3. Put FlatOut (or multiples) on the cookie sheet
4. Spray the entire surface of the FlatOut Pam Olive Oil or drizzle/brush it with olive oil
5. Cook the FlatOut for 6 minutes to crisp it up
6. Spread sauce evenly and over the FlatOut with a spoon- don’t spread it took thick otherwise the FlatOut won’t be able to hold the weight.
7. Put on toppings.
8. Sprinkle with cheese
9. Bake for 12 minutes or until all the cheese is melted and the edges are crispy.
10.Cut into quarters for substantial pieces or sixths for smaller pieces.
Enjoy the deliciousness of pizza without all the added calories!