The struggle is real in this house. I love peppers (really any kind) and Spencer does not. Since we got married, the solution has usually been to not make recipes that call for peppers or to take them out of the recipe.
Are there foods that you love but your significant other does not? How does that affect your cooking?
This recipe pretty much has two ingredients: bell peppers and chicken. So, I found a new solution- make this recipe while Spencer was out of town! That way, I could have my peppers and eat them too! (doesn’t sound as good as eating cake but you get my point). This recipe, found on Pinterest, looked way too simple and delicious to pass up!
I made only one modification to The Pinning Mama‘s recipe. I did not use onions. I did this because at least Spencer and I both don’t like onions, at least as a main ingredient. This meant that I increased the bell peppers.
Below is The Pinning Mama’s recipe with my modification.
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (fat trimmed off)
1-2 tsp Taco seasoning (to taste)
3 bell peppers in assorted colors, deseeded and thinly sliced
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used mozzarella)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray a rectangular glass baking dish 13 x 9 with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Lay the chicken breasts in a single later in the dish.
4. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the top of the chicken breast to taste.
5. Lay your thinly sliced peppers on top of the chicken breast, spread them out evenly ( I color coded mine!)
6. Drizzle the olive oil over the peppers and onions.
7. Bake for 35-45 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. (I cut into mine to check.)
Let me know what you think of this healthy, easy recipe!